Friday, August 2, 2013

August Currently!

August?!  Seriously?!  The same August that signals back-to-school?  The August that means end of summer?  I'm not ready for this!  But I guess I'll put my big girl pants on to link up with Farley at Oh' Boy 4th Grade for this months' Currently!

Oh' boy fourth grade

 
Listening:  I feel like this one signifies the fast-track in which I am turning into my Mother.  A ball bouncing in the house now drives me absolutely insane (Hi, Mom!), and I find myself saying the exact same things she told us!  I'm also listening to my youngest crunch his morning cereal, which is a colorful mix of Frosted Mini-Wheats and Lucky Charms.  Yuck.  Finally, the Today Show has taught me how to avoid an awkward hug.  Helpful!
 
Loving:  Yesterday, after a productive 4 hours, I can say that my classroom is done-enough that I won't have to return until our first report day, which is Tuesday, August 6th.  I feel like this one can best be summed up with pics. 
Before:
After:
  
Thinking:  Today and Tomorrow, I'll be attending MC2 ELL Conference: Achieving in Mathematics for All Students in New Mexico.  There are so many fantastic presenters and topics to choose from, I don't even know where to start! 
 
Wanting:  Just a few more weeks of Summer!  I say this every year, but the Summer flew by, I just want a little more time.
 
Needing:  Coffee.  Enough said.  
 

 B2S Must-Haves:  A new planner to help stay organized, which I already have and LOVE, colorful pens (I <3 Ink Joy and Sharpie Pens), and labels for everything. 
 
 
I'm off to get my coffee!  Happy Friday! 



9 comments:

  1. Hey Jana! You and I had the exact same 'needing'! :) Your room is looking really good!
    I love your page and am now a follower :)
    I hope your math training goes well!

    Mrs. Thompson
    Adventures in Teaching (A First Grade Blog)
    My TpT Store

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I really love your after pics! You should do more! I love the color of bulletin board backgrounds you have! I'm thinking I may need to go buy some more fabric to change my colors! I'm your newest follower-glad I found you through this linky!
    http://teachertalkwithmrst.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Abbey! I have a blog post scheduled with tons of after pics coming in the next day or so, I hope you'll come back!
      Jana

      Delete
  3. Your room looks great! What a transformation! You go girl! Looking forward to sharing ideas!

    -Krista
    The Second Grade Superkids

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your room looks awesome - and so big!
    -Lisa
    Grade 4 Buzz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow your room looks great! It looks like you have a lot of space in there too. Hope you have a great year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love labeling everything too.

    I have fun reading about other states doing bloggy meet ups and would love to host a NM one! Interested in attending? The only ones in NM I know about are you and "A Teaspoon of Teaching" who is in ABQ like me. Feel like coming to the 'burque to meet up?
    Email me if interested.
    chevalier.amy@gmail.com
    Amy

    ReplyDelete