Friday, June 28, 2013

Five for Friday!

fiveforfriday
 
Even in the Summer, I get excited for Fridays because they just feel special.  But it is the end of June, which means my Summer is half-way over!  Eeeeeeeeeeek!  So in effort to not think about my quickly-fleeting summer, here are the five random images that sum up this past week. 
 
1.  Rainbow Chevron Labels
 
 
I made these for my TPT store, but they're just so...cute.  Never mind that I already have my supplies labeled. 
 
 
 
Forget the fact that it took me several hours to print, laminate, hole-punch, and attach my book basket labels last summer.
 
 
I. Just. Have. To.  So needless to say, my printer is printing, and my laminator is warming up.  Time to do it all again!  You can get your own Rainbow Chevron label cuteness here.  
 
2.  It's been SO hot here.  Like too hot to function.  
 
  
 
It's been so hot that I don't even have the energy to elaborate further on this one. 
 
3.  Because it's been hot, we've spent most of the week inside!  Yesterday, we went to a local jumpy balloon place where my boys ran like wild animals for a few hours.  The air conditioner in this place was icy, so we were all happy! 
 

 
 
4.  Because it's been so hot (see #2 above), we've spent most of the week inside (see #3 above).  We decided to hunker down in a cool, dark theater and see "Monsters University".  
 

 
It was so stinkin' cute, I would highly recommend it.  Both boys loved it, but my 9 year-old said, "That was my favorite Pixar movie of all time!".  If that doesn't seal the deal for ya, I don't know what will. 
 
5.  Finally, I tried something new this week.  For the first time in my entire life, I put on soccer cleats and joined my hubby on the field for a just-for-fun game.
 
 
 
Was I any good?  No.  Were the matchy-matchy pink socks necessary?  No, I didn't even wear shin guards...but they sure are cute!  Was it hot?  Yes (see #2, 3, and 4 above).  Did I have fun?  Yes.  Will I do it again?  Yes.  Moral of the story- try something new, you might surprise yourself.
 
Happy Friday!  


1 comment:

  1. Hi Jana,
    You are soo cute with your little soccer outfit, I love the colors!!!! It will be hot here in So. cal this weekend so hubby and I are headed down to San Diego without the kids for our 17th anniv. so excited. Love your classroom stuff!
    xoxo
    Vicky
    Traditions, Laughter and Happily Ever After

    ReplyDelete