Wednesday, October 2, 2013

October Currently!

It's October already?!  Where did September go?  Either way, I'm linking up with Farley at Oh' Boy 4th Grade for the latest installment of the always interesting 'Currently'.

Oh' boy fourth grade

 I'm listening to Property Brothers...like always.  I love them, and pretty much everything on HGTV.  It's mindless entertainment, and I'm all about it.
 
I've LOVING my 3rd grade team.  Not only do we get a lot accomplished, but they get me.  Not in a corny, soul-sister, type of way, but more of a no-judgment-when-I'm-hangry kind of way, and a listen-to-my-crazy-math-ideas way, and most importantly, a want-to-do-what's-good-for-kids way.  Obviously, these chicks rock.
 
I'm currently thinking about Baltimore in 2 weeks, where I will be attending and presenting at NCTM.  It's like Math Christmas, and I love it.
 
Here in southern NM, we've had a bit of a crazy monsoon season.  With that came mosquitos who are hungry for my blood.  I'm in serious need of cooler weather...or better bug spray.   
 
Like most teachers, I could use a few more hours in my day.  More time with my students, more time with my family, and more time sleeping.  Can someone do something about that, please?!
 
And finally, when it comes to Trick-or-Treat, I'll pick treat almost every time.  Especially if it's an Almond Joy.  Or a Reese's.  Or a Snickers.  But NOT those gross orange and black wrapped candy things.  Yuck. 
 
Happy October!

5 comments:

  1. Love Property Brothers!!! I can never decide which brother I would pick as my boyfriend! LOL!

    I love when a grade level team just clicks. It's wonderful. I haven't had that in a quite a few years. I miss it. I love working with co-workers that just get you, so I completely understand!

    I found your blog from Farley's Currently and I am your newest follower!

    Good luck presenting and enjoying your conference!

    Beth :)
    A Kindergarten Life For Me

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO READY for cooler weather, too. {I'm in Texas, so it's still in the 90's here. Ugh! I want to wear boots and scarves!}

    I always find myself wanting more time, too. I almost need to take a day off... so I can work all day from home! Ah, the life of a teacher. ;)

    ~Mrs. K. from The Teacher Garden Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jana!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog :)
    I hear you about colder weather! Hope it comes your way sooner than later!
    And if you do find a way to get more hours in a day, let me know ;)
    Sara
    Miss Elementary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love finding other third grade teacher/bloggers! I am now following! I am also listening to Property Brothers as I type!!!! I am HGTV obsessed also. Look forward to reading more posts about what you are up to in third!
    Jennifer
    The Blessed Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just switched to 3rd grade this year and I also have a great team. I'm just trying to get used to the curriculum.
    I am also in love with Property Brothers! I hope you have a great time in Baltimore!
    Love Teaching Kids

    ReplyDelete